Certified Staff CEU's
Login to TimeKeeper to review your CEUs.
It is necessary to earn a total of 8.0 CEUs. One CEU equals ten hours of actual training time.
The following table outlines specific license renewal requirements:
CREDITS REQUIRED TO RENEW CONTINUING LICENSE EXPIRING ON OR AFTER JUNE 30, 2019
ACADEMIC SUBJECT AREA
DIGITAL LEARNING COMPETENCIES
GENERAL/OTHER (**Must include 1 Literacy CEU; Local requirement)
ROLE OF SCHOOL EXECUTIVES AS INSTRUCTIONAL, HUMAN RESOURCES, AND MANAGERIAL LEADERS**
IMPORTANT NOTE: Renewal credits are no longer awarded for years of teaching experience.
*Literacy renewal credits shall include evidence-based assessment, diagnosis, and intervention strategies for students not demonstrating reading proficiency. Oral language, phonemic and phonological awareness, phonics, vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension shall be addressed in literacy-related activities leading to licensure renewal for elementary school teachers.
** Note Caswell County Schools (CCS) requirement.
Licensed educators may also obtain renewal credit for the following activities:
- college or university credit;
- earning National Board for Professional Teaching Standards certification or completion of the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards certification process (8 units of renewal credit);
- completing National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Certification renewal (2 units of renewal credit)
Renewal of Expired Professional Educator’s License
- 10 semester hours or 15 units of renewal credit must be earned within the most recent five-year period.
- Coursework must be directly related to an individual’s professional responsibilities as a public school educator or to his or her areas(s) of licensure.
- The 15 units are up to the individual, but one is encouraged to include literacy and curriculum in their area of expertise.
North Carolina Department of Public Instruction NCDPI Online Licensure NC Teacher Certification RALC (Regional Alternative Licensure Center) The Praxis -NC Test Requirements Foundations of Reading and General Curriculum
National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
National Board Certification - National Board 3.0 NB Renewal Process
Salary Schedule 2020-2021