We're glad to have you joining us at Caswell County Schools! There are a few things we need to have before your child can start school.
First, there are a few forms we need to have filled out/turned in before your child can start. Keep in mind that your child's first day of school will be the day after we receive these completed forms:
Forms to Fill Out:
We use this form as a means of contact with the child's parents/guardians, and for other health related information, such as allergies. Near the end of the form we have a mandatory contact list, so that if your child is sick and we cannot reach you, we will call those contacts. Also, we will only allow the people on this sheet to pick up the child from school. Please complete all information requested on this form, then sign and date it. If any changes need to be made to this sheet, please let us know.
- Certified Birth Certificate: If you do not have the certified birth certificate, you may use the NC Request Form (or VA Request Form) to order a new one.
- Parent/Guardian photo ID
- Proof of Residence: Acceptable documentation includes current: lease, utility bill, final real estate contract, deed, or contract to purchase. If you do not have any of these documents, if you just moved, or if the child is living with someone other than the Parent/Legal Custodian, please fill out one of the following forms:
- An Affidavit of Residence: this form must be completed and notarized by a Notary Public.
- An Affidavit of Parent, Guardian, or Legal Custodian: this form is used if the child lives with a caregiver that is not the Parent/Legal Guardian.
- An Affidavit Attesting Responsibility for School Enrollment: this form is used when you, the guardian, are taking responsibility for the child's educational decisions.
- Child's social security card (optional)
- Guardianship or Custody Papers: Supply if applicable. If you list someone on the Registration form that is not allowed to pick up a child, we must have current documentation on file.
Required Health Information:
These records can be obtained by your child's Doctor. You, the parent/guardian, are required to provide this information to the school. If we do not have these records by 30 days after your child has enrolled, your child will be suspended until we have the documentation.
This must be completed within a year of the first day of school and signed by your child's Doctor. This is required for students entering North Carolina Schools for the first time. If we do not have these records by 30 days after your child has enrolled, your child will be suspended until we have the documentation.