Remote Technical Support
DISTANCE LEARNING TEAM
Share your computer with support staff
You can give support staff remote access to your computer to help them help you. They’ll have full access to your apps, files, emails, documents and history.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- In the address bar at the top, type remotedesktop.google.com/support, and press Enter.
- Under “Get Support, “ click Download .
- Follow the onscreen directions to download and install Chrome Remote Desktop.
- Under “Get Support,” select Generate Code.
- Copy the code and send to the person you want to have access to your computer.
- When that person enters your access code on the site, you will see a dialog with their e-mail address. Select Share to allow them full access to your computer.
- To end a sharing session, click Stop Sharing.
The access code will only work one time. If you are sharing your computer, you will be asked to confirm that you want to continue to share your computer every 30 minutes.
"...this study shared their experiences, which were extremely positive and they planned to continue utilizing Google Classroom as a way to implement technology into their classrooms. Even though some hinderances caused frustration at times, the participants expressed their excitement to continue learning and sharing their digital content with the students in their classrooms." (A phenomenological study of NC Elementary Teachers' lived experiences with Google Classroom integration, Dr. Hilary Dodson, May 2020)