Title I Information and Surveys
Title I is a federally funded program under the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). ESSA is the latest reauthorization of the 1965 Elementary and Secondary Education Act and was approved by the US Congress in December 2015. This law provides significant federal support for programs to serve students in kindergarten through 12th grade and replaces the No Child Left Behind law of 2002. The Title I program is designed to assist all students in meeting our state's challenging academic content and performance standards.
Title I Schools
- North Elementary School PreK - 5 School-wide Program - Oakwood Elementary School PreK - 5 School-wide Program - South Elementary School PreK - 5 School-wide Program - Stoney Creek Elementary School PreK - 5 School-wide Program - N.L. Dillard Middle School 6 - 8 School-wide Program
Title I Components
- Conduct a Comprehensive Needs Assessment to identify goals and create strategies to address student needs;
- Develop a School Improvement Plan based on needs assessment and revise annually;
- Develop strategies to increase parental involvement;
- Provide high-quality professional development to support goals and strategies;
- Provide transition plans for preschool and between grade levels; and
- Provide assistance for students experiencing difficulty.